Laura Ashley

I had planned this post for Friday as Laura Ashley's PR told me the collection in question was going onsale on the 28th (or 29th, depending on which press release you believe) but yesterday their on-line PR confirmed that it was already on the website and had been since the 22nd October!

This means that this post has lost out on the exclusivity and excitement I strive for on this blog - and you might have missed out on bargains too. Sniff.

Favoured by bohemian babes in the Seventies and Sub-Sloanes in the Eighties Laura Ashley could perhaps do with the Leith Clark-style makeover Susie Bubble flagged up here. However, even without it, the new Archive range is fairly cool (even though it's smocky shapes are hardly le dernier cri in Autumn's styling).

Ignore the fact that they are using a sub-lebrity to front the campaign (not one of the pics I've used here) and instead focus on the original 70s prints, reinterpreted into pieces that echo the founding feel of the brand while still being totally modern. The Summer pieces sold out in days (I missed out on the sweetest string bikini that I'm still smarting over). Visit the website here.















I especially love the swan print shopper, £28 and cheery pumpkin-coloured cord coat £90.