Prayers. Answered.

You may or may not have realised that I like handbags. And you may or may not have realised that I quite like denim. Therefore is this not the most perfect amalgamation of said fabric and said accessory? It's a Bayswater, by Mulberry. And come Spring it will be firmly nestled in the crook of my arm. Come to Mama.

































I'd also like to point out a couple of looks from their clothing collection. It's the first time I've ever looked at the pieces and seen a design origin other than Mulberry's own brand of idiosyncratic Englishness (or perhaps generic Ossie Clark-isms) and was rather suprised by.

This zippy frock - rather Balenciaga-ish, no?; denim shorts - hello Marc by Marc. The whole collection looks street-tough (there's even a denim boiler suit in the Spring lookbook!) but also slightly derivative - they seem to have lost the waftiness of previous collections (considering the amount of waftiness we'll be seeing in Spring perhaps it wasn't a good season to do a U-ey).

However on the whole I do believe the change of style to be a good thing and, if the prices are affordable (yeah, right), I could see a lot more of the young set appearing in Mulberry clothing (rather than toting their totes) instead of the forty-something fashion directors who always order blouses and pretty frocks for the office.

UPDATE:
Big Glasses Girl: You screengrabbed the dress image above and posted it one thefashionspot.com which is totally fair enough. Thanks for the semi-credit as the source (although a link or correct spelling - I don't use a dot after Mrs - would have been awesome!)

But, FYI, if you wanted some more info re: the image source you were welcome to email me and ask where I got the shot. It wasn't from "neimen (sic) marcus or something similar", it was from Mulberry's Spring / Summer lookbook.